“Astana Hub” International Technopark for IT startups” Corporate Fund
The international technology park of IT startups Astana Hub was established on November 6, 2018 by the order of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Nursultan Nazarbayev, within thr «Digital Kazakhstan» state program.
The main objective of Astana Hub is the development of an innovative ecosystem, including provision of support for IT startups and companies. In this regard a number of programs have been developed and various activities are being carried out.
Astana Hub is a priority project for digital modernization of the country. Conditions for free development of Kazakhstan and foreign technological companies are created here.
The global mission of Astana Hub is to become the center of development of innovative projects, to release breakthrough IT campaigns, and to become the center for attraction of a critical mass of young and talented IT specialists from around the world.
How it works?
Astana Hub has 2 programs of startups development: acceleration and development incubator program and school of startups.
Astana Hub acceleration program is a process of accelerated development of startups at an early stage. In order to provide educational services, the “Astana Hub 7.0 Accelerator” program has been launched recently; 31 startup projects are participating.
Projects conforming to the selection requirements are provided with instruments for accelerated increase in business indicators:
- mentoring by successful businessmen, tracking, 300 hours of trainings and
- consultations, networking with the best teams of the market, part-time developers,
- free office space and PR in the media.
Incubation is a more generalized, comprehensive program of incubatory development of young IT projects. Here, integrated co-working, assistance in attraction of investments, access to the knowledge base, consultation by experts and promotion in the media are available for participants. Participants of the project will be prepared for acceleration in Astana Hub.
Besides programs of startups development based on the technology park, Sheberkhana prototyping laboratory and R&D centers of domestic and foreign IT companies are in operation. It will give to the residents of Astana Hub an opportunity to develop prototypes and to be engaged in research work. At the moment, 25 R&D centers and laboratories of domestic and foreign companies operate at the Technopark site, 17 of which were launched in 2019.
Astana Hub implements educational initiatives, too. The academy - a platform for providing educational programs in the field of technological business – will work on the basis of the science and technology park. Training will be provided in both full-time (offline) and distant form (online). The contents and the educational program will be based on the best world practices and focused on the needs of the market participants.
Technopark approved the new version of the Corporate Innovation Development Program, under which the online-hackathon challenge and corporate acceleration programs are carried out by publishing technological problems on the Astana Hub state corporate innovations platform. During the first half of the year 5 problems have been posted. A corporate acceleration program for Coca-Cola was also implemented, in which 37 startups took part.
Also, the work on support of the startups aimed at development of corporate innovations is conducted on the basis of Astana Hub. The main purpose of this platform is to consolidate objectives for corporate sector startups and to systematize this work within a full-fledged laboratory. On this platform, startups can solve real problems and work with corporations on a long-term basis.
In general, Astana Hub is a platform for crowdsourcing of ideas: networking events, master classes and educational trainings for representatives of the Kazakhstan and foreign IT community are held here.
Moreover, due to the imposition of the state of emergency in the Republic of Kazakhstan on March 16, 2020, Astana Hub has specially developed and implemented a 4-week program “Startup in a pandemic”, in order to develop online startups in quarantine. In total, 14 startups participated in the program. In addition, starting May 74 startups took an Online Mentorship program and 30 have been registered at the Trackers School.
As of the 1st half of 2020, the Kazakhstan startup market has attracted 5 010 million tenge, out of which 4 548 million tenge ($ 11 mln.) - by Astana Hub startups and participants.
In order to familiarize the IT community, startups, beginning entrepreneurs, specialists from various industries with the activities of the Technopark and its support instruments, the Fund has developed and approved the Startup Sapary program which is aimed at popularizing technological entrepreneurship in the regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Thus, on June 13-14, the Fund conducted an online startup school where the number of applications registered - 451.
Moreover, the program on regional players (incubators, technoparks, accelerators) development has been created. As a result 3 regional technoparks have been selected.
As part of assistance in attracting investments as well as in order to develop smart investments, the Technopark has created a business angel development program, which includes an educational segment for potential investors and an event with the participation of startups. At the moment, about 50 potential business angels are being trained. In addition, as part of the development of the venture capital ecosystem, assistance is provided in order to improve legislation and enlarge networking with international venture funds such as Tuz Ventures (Singapore), Quest Ventures (Singapore) and Irbis Ventures (Singapore).
In order to promote Technopark in the international arena, attract foreign investments and startups, as well as scale up startups to foreign markets, the Roadshow Program was approved and adopted for implementation in 2019. As a result more than 140 million tenge ($338 thsd.) of investments have been attracted in 2019, and a number of agreements and memorandums have been signed. Annually the applications for participation in the program are being collected.
Also, in accordance with the Tax Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan Technopark provides tax preferences for IT companies that have received Astana Hub membership status. On April 15, 2019 the procedure for registering IT companies as participants of the Astana Hub was launched. As of January 5, 2020 94 applications have been received. List of Astana Hub participants is being constantly updated and posted on the website: https://registration.astanahub.com/registered-company/index. As of June 15, 2020 the number of participants registered is 270. The estimated number by the end of 2020 - 350 participants.
Using modern communication channels and the media, the Technopark is working on popularization of technological entrepreneurship, venture capital investments and the culture of business angels, as well as educating the population on state and Technopark support instruments.
Finally, in 2020 the Innovation Map information portal is scheduled to be launched. Currently the Fund is working on a concept of the portal with the ability to launch an “electronic window” of government support measures available in Astana Hub, CETT and other organizations of the innovation ecosystem.
IT SOLUTIONS DURING THE STATE OF EMERGENCY IN KAZAKHSTAN
In connection with the announcement by the World Health Organization of the new coronavirus COVID-19 as a pandemic, the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan on March 16, 2020 declared a state of emergency in the country.
Over a short period of time, a number of various IT solutions have been developed and modernized by government bodies and organizations as part of the activities of the digitalization offices and digital officers.
IT solutions for healthcare during COVID-19
- Online project "Digital technologies for ensuring infectious safety of a medical specialist" was launched to improve the skills of medical personnel.
- Semey Medical University together with the Department of health of East Kazakhstan region has created a center for online training of infectious safety of medical specialists. All regions of Kazakhstan joined the training.
- An electronic survey was launched to test yourself against the coronavirus; after filling out the questionnaire of epidemiological samples there is an opportunity to pass a quick test. https://formcovid.eisz.kz/
- A new feature was introduced in the Smart Astana mobile app, which allows controlling the movement of people who were in contact with those infected.
- Аnti-corona is an online hackathon dedicated to creating a unified information resource to raise public awareness of the situation with coronavirus and prevent its spread. https://anti-corona.kz
- Radiology Train provides an educational resource on medical imaging for medical students, junior doctors and related medical workers.
- Web application COVID-19 - Automated system of the lists of confirmed patients with COVID-19 and contact persons for creation of one single database.
- Number of platforms were launched on the basis of the Republican center for e-health. The company contributes to the development of the healthcare system by improving the information infrastructure of the healthcare system and medical statistics.
- Mapcovid – an application designed to visualize the location of infected and suspected individuals with COVID-19. Services are implemented for transferring data of citizens (Individual Identification Number, phone number, geo position, country of arrival,etc.) to the E-gov portal. Citizens will be able to see unwanted places to visit.
- Analytical application "BI COVID" allows you to use the output forms to see:
- information about beds in medical organizations,
- information about arrivals from abroad in the Republic of Kazakhstan by country,
- data on those contacted with contagious people with their addresses and locations.
- Information system "Express testing on COVID-19" is intended for processing questionnaires for rapid testing at COVID-19 by specialists of the National Center for Public Health.
- The domestic developer of digital medical solutions “Damu” in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19 infection in our country has developed new features in its products - a mobile application for the patient and the Damumed Integrated Medical Information System. Patients can assess their symptoms with a simple questionnaire through the Damumed mobile app. An automatic assessment of threatening symptoms marks patients with Covid-19 alertness and all data is instantly displayed in your doctor’s office. In addition, the company significantly increased the functionality of its Situational Center with tools for monitoring quarantined patients, monitoring the status of patients with Covid-19 alertness and patients in isolation.
- The "CIT "DAMU" company has developed new functions in the medical information system Damumed. Patients can evaluate their symptoms using a simple questionnaire through the app. In addition, the company has expanded the functionality of its Situation center with tools for monitoring patients in quarantine, tracking the status of patients with COVID-alertness and patients in isolation.
- To monitor the current situation in connection with the spread of coronavirus infection COVID-19, a dashboard has been developed by Datanomix.pro company. The dashboard is updated hourly and allows you to receive detailed information about the situation in real time: it shows the number of infected, cured, quarantined, deaths and examinations, as well as the increase for each item per day. The panel is available on the website of the National Center for Public Health https://hls.kz and on the website of the IT headquarters for the fight against coronavirus.
- The Kazakhstan IT company ARTA Software has developed and implemented a solution at the National Center for Expertise on the automation of laboratory research (more than 4000 studies daily). An additional module for accounting and reporting “COVID-19” has been introduced, which allows you to instantly learn about the detection of CVI during laboratory analysis of analyzes and generate a report for any period of time and saves time for its consideration.
- 5000 doctors in the cities of Nur-Sultan and Almaty have been provided with free mobile communications and Internet from Tele2, Altel, Kcell. The relevant agreement has already been signed between Kazakhtelecom JSC and the Ministry of Healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Distance learning during quarantine
- Schoolchildren and students were transferred to the distance learning format. Parents' meetings and class hours are held online. During the spread of COVID-19, school teachers have already started to work remotely, performing methodological and preparatory work while at home. Teachers were transferred to the remote format of work with the preservation of salaries on the same terms and in the same amounts as in the usual time. Teachers have prepared for 1.5 months, took online courses, and have been learning to use digital technologies.
- On April 1, teachers have conducted trial distance lessons, on April 2, parents' meetings have been held online, and on April 3, class hours were held throughout the country. To organize the educational process, the Ministry has provided the access for students to electronic platforms such as "Bilimland", "Kundelik", "Google Classroom", "MOODLE", "Univer", "Platonus", "Canvas", "Daryn online". The Coursera platform has provided free access to courses, while ZOOM has provided free access for classes. Teachers were provided with conditions to work remotely.
The Ministry has recommended a number of educational resources that can be useful for school children:
- «Bilim media Group» (by a domestic IT company). A huge database with educational content, which contains more than 40 thousand materials. All resources are open for free. https://bilimland.kz
- «Daryn Online». This educational resource has also provided free access to content. All content meets the state's mandatory educational standards. https://daryn.online/
- Opiq Platform (Estonian project). The interactive resource contains school textbooks. https://www.opiq.kz/
- Virtual simulator for preparing for the unified national testing iTest. https://itest.kz/
- Educational portal for schoolchildren and students. https://100ballov.kz/
- NIS Play http://play.nis.edu.kz/
- STEM Academy. https://stem-academia.com/en/main-page/
- Primary school program iMektep. https://imektep.kz/
- Platform for learning STEM. http://makeathon.kazneuro.kz/
- Aitube.kz - Kazakhstan video hosting broadcasts video lessons with free traffic https://aitube.kz/
Video lessons, personal consultations online, online courses are used as a means of learning, too. The electronic portal "Kundelik", "Mektep.edu.kz" and "Bilimal.kz", "Google Classroom", email and messengers are used for getting feedback.
- In order to provide free access to these educational resources, a Memorandum of cooperation was signed between the Ministry of education and science, the Ministry of digital development and a number of telecommunication operators. So, when using these sites, subscribers will not be charged Internet traffic.
- Video lessons were held on the TV channels "Balapan" (in Kazakh), El arna (in Russian), regional TV channels and Qazaq Radio. In addition to the broadcast, the web site of the "Balapan TV channel was visited by 95,533 people, and the YouTube channel balapantv showed 386 thousand views in 6 hours. All video lessons that streamed on TV are also available on the Internet for re-watching.
- Platonus company, with the support of the Ministry of digital development, innovations and aerospace industry, has deployed the Platonus College system in the data processing center and was ready to connect all colleges in the country by July 1, 2020, providing the service absolutely free of charge.
- Datanomix.pro company developed a dashboard to track statistics on the introduction of distance learning in higher education institutions and colleges. The dashboard gives you the ability to track the number of online lessons, teachers, students, homework and grades in each region of the country. Data for analysis is updated by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan. http://datanomix.pro/
- The "CIT "Orleu" company has introduced a system of distance learning and testing in colleges and schools in the Karaganda region on a free basis.
The work of transport during COVID-19
In the field of transport, the following solutions have been introduced:
- An interactive map of the available transport network (closed and open routes) has been developed. It provides the population with the opportunity to track in real time the availability of certain road directions (air transport, railway transport, motor vehicles). https://www.ismet.kz/
- An electronic check of permits for cargo carriers has been launched. This is a permit for the passage of a bulky and heavy vehicle; special permit for the transport of dangerous goods of classes 1, 6 and 7; vehicle admission cards; certificate of admission to international transportation of goods.
- Subordinate organizations of the Ministry of industry and infrastructure development of the Republic of Kazakhstan have 100% switched to electronic format.
- The Citizen LLP company launched the Qorgan Service for the accelerated passage of checkpoints on the iQala.kz portal. Truck drivers can pre-apply for an accelerated checkpoint at post.iqala.kz. The Qorgan service is integrated with the Sergek system, thanks to which the data is automatically transferred to the inspectors' tablets for inspection at checkpoints. Qorgan service is integrated with the Sergek system. Qorgan conducts analytics on imported, exported and transit goods, as well as accounting for incoming and outgoing persons. www.iQala.kz
E-Government services during COVID-19
E-Gov portal implemented services for monitoring the situation of coronavirus in the country.
- On the e-government portal egov.kz all the services are available online. All public service centers in Kazakhstan were closed.
- Number of operators of the Unified Contact center has been increased to 2000 people, who have processed more than 4 million calls to date. In addition, 4 more virtual telephone exchanges were deployed.
- On March 24, 2020, together with the Ministry of healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the e-government portal introduced services for monitoring the situation with coronavirus in the country. A real-time map was developed to inform the people about the situation of infected people and the ones, who were in contact with them.
- An online questionnaire for preliminary self-diagnosis of coronavirus symptoms has been introduced. At the moment, 777 people have already been examined without applying to a medical institution.
- To keep citizens informed about COVID-19 pandemic, E-Gov portal contains the “Frequently Asked Questions” section.
- On March 26, E-Gov portal implemented the possibility for citizens to remotely receive Electronic Digital Signature. To date, more than 664 thousand digital signatures have been issued for people without leaving home. In total, more than 3 998 764 EDS were issued this year.
- Application for 42500 have been automated. On E-gov portal half million citizens submitted their applications to get financial support from the state during the COVID-19 (including TelegramBot). To date, more about 5 million applications have been filed and more than 2.46 million people received the payment.
- In 3 days about 20 thousand government employees were transferred and connected to a remote workstation. Also, about 12 thousand government employees have already been connected to cloud workflow.
- On April 2, the number of illegitimate connections with the E-Government portal was about 15 million in just 1 hour. On April 5, Operational center for information security reflected more than 3 million illegitimate connections. On the average, Operational center daily reflects about 3,7 million illegitimate connections. In 2019 and to date, the Operational center has identified and repelled more than 3 million cyberattacks and more than 2 billion illegitimate connections.
Financial sphere during COVID-19
- Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan in order to correctly distribute financial support from the Government due to the state of emergency (42,500 tenge) transferred to the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection data indicating growth and decrease in revenue and lists of all individual entrepreneurs in regional centers and in Nur-Sultan, Almaty and Shymkent cities.
- A special procedure for public procurement began to operate. To date, the special order is fully implemented on the government procurement web portal.
Request for price offers: the deadline for receiving applications reduced from 5 to 3 business days; procurement is carried out only on goods; procurement is carried out among domestic manufacturers.
Competition: procurement is carried out only for work and services; the deadline for receiving applications has been reduced from 15 to 3 days.
- The functionality of the State Register has been improved for the tenant to submit an electronic application signed with an electronic digital signature to suspend rental payments from March 20, 2020. For a period of up to three months and conclusion between the landlord and tenant by means of EDS of additional agreements. This measure will allow for three months to free the business from paying about 1.2 billion tenge.
- The AgroRuqsat service was launched for agricultural producers and their suppliers, which allows you to remotely file and sign applications with electronic digital signatures for obtaining an electronic pass, taking into account land, transport and experience in the supply of goods, work and services to agricultural producers.
- The domestic IT company First Credit Bureau has implemented a free online service for checking the status of a special category of a borrower. A special portal susn.1cb.kz has been developed, organizations that do not work with a credit bureau can check the status of their borrowers online.
- After analyzing the situation, a number of second-tier banks opened a remote account opening service. Such services are available at Kaspi bank, Altyn-i bank, ATF Bank and a number of other banks. It is worth noting that this was made possible thanks to the Smart Data Ukimet platform.
- REMOTE WORK
Remote work during quarantine:
- The Kazakhstan company Helios Soft LLP, based on the use of cloud technologies, successfully transferred all its customers to the remote mode of work.
- The Kazakhstan IT company Documentolog within a week transferred all government bodies to cloud workflow, 18 thousand employees in 24 ministries and committees.
- The company “Esepshi.kz” created a service for remote work with documents - Smartcontract.kz. This is an online system for creating, signing, storing and sending electronic documents. Signing of documents is carried out using electronic digital signature. In the process of using the system, data is encrypted, which reliably protects user data and ensures operational safety. While working in the system, users can be calm for the uninterrupted operation of the service, the system servers are located in duplicate servers to ensure continuous operation. https://smartcontract.kz/
- A service has been launched for the exchange of digital signatures at https://sigex.kz. Using the service, you can sign any electronic documents with a legally significant digital signature, the signature will be registered on the service, and the page of the signed document will be available at a fixed URL. Further, the link and the electronic document itself can be transferred to the second side for verification and / or adding signatures.
- The Boss Media Group LLP ("Учет.kz” portal) provided their own service for the exchange of Accounting documents. Electronic document exchange is free for all users. The service is integrated with 1C programs.
Support for agriculture:
- Quarantine measures make movement difficult, including for farmers who need to travel to the fields. The accessibility of space monitoring technology to everyone is a priority of the EGISTIC product. Pictures will never replace the agronomist, but they can help to avoid crop losses, as observing the dynamics of changes once every 3-5 days, you can notice what the eye misses when you are directly in the field. Seeing the whole picture, analyzing the dynamics of the development of different parts of the field and identifying weaknesses, there is always the opportunity to make decisions for correcting agricultural activities. https://egistic.kz
- Support for enterprises during quarantine
- The Kazakhstan IT company ARTA Software developed and launched the qazindustry.gov.kz portal for QazIndustry JSC, which provided domestic manufacturers with the opportunity to remotely file an electronic application for reimbursement of export costs. https://www.arta.pro/
- The Kazakh-Singaporean IT start-up clock:ster in quarantine continues to meet the needs of small and medium-sized businesses. With the help of clock: ster, enterprise directors make it easy for their human resources department to compile routine time sheets, inculcate employees with a responsible work schedule and much more. All this leads to a systematic reduction in financial losses and sales growth. Now for new customers, completely free use of the product is provided for a period of 3 months.
- Currently, BTS Digital company is actively developing digital solutions to improve the lives of Kazakhstan people and receive goods and services without leaving home. https://btsdigital.kz
Digital ID remote identification service has been developed. The service contributed to the provision of services online. With Digital ID, Kazakhstan citizens got the opportunity to issue electronic digital signatures remotely.
Portal 42500.enbek.kz is a site for submitting and tracking the status of applications for receiving financial support in the amount of 42,500 tenge for loss of income due to an emergency. www.42500.enbek.kz
The portal help.coronavirus2020.kz is a service for submitting appeals and obtaining reliable information regarding the current emergency in all 14 regions of our country. www.help.coronavirus2020.kz
Aitu Home is the official channels of all residential complexes of the cities of Nur Sultan and Almaty, created in the Aitu messenger. Joint purchases, search for services or goods offered by neighbors, and joint solution of housing problems. https://aitu.io
Onay Bazar is a service for delivering socially significant products at below market prices. The service operates in the cities of Nur-Sultan, Almaty and Pavlodar.
Plus24 wallet is a convenient online tool for making fast and secure payments and purchases. Using a wallet, you can pay 5,000 services from 3,000 suppliers, you can repay consumer loans from banks, pay utility bills etc.
Dosmart.kz is a shopping assistant for planning and purchasing essential goods.
Happy Food is an aggregator of orders for grocery stores with home delivery.
- Automation of various fields of activity
- The domestic IT company AbiTech, given its social responsibility to the country, decided to grant ASKOU software licenses for the pilot project at any facility for free. With the help of ASKOU application software products, such tasks as automated online monitoring of maintenance of any equipment and buildings are solved; automated inventory of fixed assets and assets, automation of inventory of warehouses. http://abitech.kz/
- In the area of emergency alerts
- Asia-Soft LLP has successfully launched the pilot project in the city of Nur Sultan, which integrates and centralizes all the dispatching functions of emergency response services (police department, medical ambulance, fire department, emergency). This structure refers to the management of local executive bodies, with the autocracy of one body, thereby combining the dispatching functions of emergency services into one structure.
- A single coordination center "Senim109" for residents of the Karaganda region, which unites all the utilities of the city and is a single point of contact with the townspeople started to work. Now citizens can report a problem by calling the single number 109. More than 60 state and municipal institutions are connected to the Senim109 system. All appeals are processed by service specialists, and then transferred to government bodies and utilities. http://senim109.kz/